The Reading Room
Welcome to the Reading Room. This blog allows you to share your reading enjoyment with a world wide audience. Not only does this site allow you to inspire and share with other people around the world your reading recommendations but it also provides a platform for you to be inspired by books you may not have come across before.
Think of this site as a reading room that anyone can enter at any time. Below are examples of work you can complete and send into me to display on this site. You can either email me your work firstname.lastname@example.org or send me a link to your blog post to share with others.
Activities you could do in the reading room:
- Write a 50 word summary of the story.
- List the main events in the story.
- Write a review of your book.
- Create a character profile.
- Make a fact file about a character.
- Draw a timeline of the events in your story.
- Write a description of the setting.
- Write an acrostic of the title naming events and characters.
- Create a quiz for other people who may read the book.
- Compare two characters in the story. How are they similar/different.
- Write a letter offering some advice to a character.
- Design a new front cover or create an illustration for the book.
- Write an alternative ending to the story.
- Create a poster advertising your book.
- Create a cartoon strip showing the main events in your story.
- Think of 5 questions you would like to ask the main character, then answer them as the character.
- Write a letter to the author about your book.
- Perform and record a piece of drama.
- Create a freeze frame of your favourite part of a story, take a picture and write about it.